Here’s some extended thoughts around the topics I’ve been covering lately.
Each post about mental wellness is just one facet of a huge topic so remember to take them all in context together. There are no magic bullets and very few quick fixes but these are my three big concepts.
1. Mental wellness issues are a reasonable response of the body to life’s stresses
2. We are all somewhere on the stress spectrum, good and bad
3. There are so many tools in the toolbox to deal with these issues
If you are worried about your or someone else's mental health, the best place to get help is your GP or local mental health provider. However, if you or someone else is in danger or endangering others, call police immediately on 111.
Or if you need to talk to someone else:
• Samaritans 0800 726 666
• Depression helpline: 0800 111 757 (available 24/7)
• Lifeline: 0800 543 354 (available 24/7)
• Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) (available 24/7)
• Youthline: 0800 376 633
• Whatsup: 0800 942 8787 (1pm to 11pm)